Sunday, March 13, 2016

Josh

Josh at the Fauntleroy ferry landing
What brand and type of bicycle do you have?
I ride a 1992 Bridgestone RB-2 with a whole bunch of modern modifications.

Why do you ride? 
I ride because it keeps me sane! I have more fun on my bike than doing anything else, and it's gotten me into great shape!

Where do you ride? 
I like to ride where there are big hills and aren't a ton of cars. Bainbridge Island, Cougar Mountain, and the Issaquah-Preston Trail are my favorites.

What's the best thing that happened to you while riding? 
I was climbing Cougar Mountain the other day (easily the hardest climb I've ever done), and as I was suffering in my dark little pain cave, I had a revelation. I gained an intuitive understanding of how - when any whole number is multiplied by an even number, the product MUST be even. For years I had been told this, and I knew it as fact, but on that day, on that incredibly challenging climb, I understood. I do some of my best thinking on a bike, even if I'm not consciously doing it.




1 comment: