Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Ingrid

Ingrid at Fifth Avenue South and South Weller Street
What brand and type of bicycle do you have?
My bike is a Villiger bike, which is a Swiss brand.  I believe it's a 1999 model (not sure; I bought it used in Germany).

Why do you ride? 
I'm from Europe, so riding my bike everywhere is normal for me.  Over here, I would say it's good for the environment, good for traffic (this region does not need another car on the roads), cheap and more reliable than buses.  Also, it's my daily exercise!

Where do you ride? 
I ride my bike to get around town - get groceries, meet up with friends, go to work, going out, ...  I do my daily commute via bus & bike, which is great. Taking my bike saves me about half an hour every day.  Sometimes I go on fun exploratory trips.  I like taking the water taxi over to West Seattle and biking along Alki Beach and beyond.  Seeing the mountains across Puget Sound is so beautiful!

What's the best thing that happened to you while riding? 
I was biking up the hill with flowers in my hands and a couple of balloons attached to my bike after my birthday, and people in passing cars started shouting "Happy Birthday!" at me.




No comments:

Post a Comment