Saturday, January 23, 2016

Kyle

Kyle at Fourth Avenue South and South Jackson Street
What brand and type of bicycle do you have?
Trek 1400.

Why do you ride? 
I ride my bicycle for the freedom it provides, the environmental benefits, and the joy it brings to what would normally be a mundane commute or trip.

Where do you ride? 
All over the city of Seattle... breweries, parks, concerts, friend's houses, and to my job downtown. Occasionally, a recreational ride brings me to destinations outside the city limits.

What's the best thing that happened to you while riding? 
My first summer living in the PNW I was crashing on my brother's couch in Ballard and working on Vashon Island. Before this summer, I had only ever lived on the east coast and I didn't bicycle that much for transportation, just occasionally while in college at the University of Maryland. However, now living in Seattle, I didn't have a car and I had to get between two quite distant places; but at the time these these two places felt way closer and more connected than any area I had lived before. The light bulb went off that summer and I realized just how powerful the bike + bus pass combination can be.




No comments:

Post a Comment