Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Daniel

Daniel at International District/Chinatown Station
What brand and type of bicycle do you have?
One of the first all aluminum Treks from the '80's.

Why do you ride? 
Driving in traffic (I-90) is the worst. Parking costs $20/day. I sleep better when I exercise. Biking is a great way to slow down and connect with neighborhoods and neighbors. Philosophically I want to be part of the solution and advocate for safer/better infrastructure and culture to support cycling. This won't get better by not actually doing it!

Where do you ride? 
Usually I commute from the Central District to Bellevue and back or just for errands and adventures around town. On weekends I love longer rides and occasional bike/camping.

What's the best thing that happened to you while riding? 
Seeing coworkers start riding their bikes too!
Bonus: here's a blog post I wrote about biking in Seattle: 
http://www.limeade.com/2015/05/10-things-ive-learned-from-biking-in-seattle/




1 comment:

  1. Nice! It's great that he was able to influence his co-workers to ride bikes as well. We should have more people become aware of the health and environmental benefits of cycling!

    ReplyDelete