Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Bailey

Bailey in the Beacon Hill Station bike cage
What brand and type of bicycle do you have?
I actually have 4 bicycles right now!! aah. I upgraded my first 2 and haven't yet found the right owners to adopt them.
My first racing bike is/was a cannondale caad8 aluminum with bits of carbon road bike.
My first touring/commuter bike is/was a Kona Sutra 2005.

My current active bicycles are:
The beautiful surly disc trucker you met today and my fuji supreme 2.0 carbon fiber racing bike. (with aero bars!)

They're both amazing and will join me for many adventures. 

Why do you ride? 
I ride my bicycle for practical reasons - I don't have a car and I like getting around on my own time but also for pleasure. Last summer I logged over 2,000 miles on my cannondale just as a means of appreciating the weather and clearing my head.

Where do you ride? 
I ride everywhere except for highways, limited off-road and ideally avoiding roads that are exceptionally unfriendly towards bikes. 

What's the best thing that happened to you while riding? 
So many good things! I've met amazing people, strengthened friendships seen parts of WA you can only get to by cycle, and found a lot of independence and happiness.




No comments:

Post a Comment