Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Forrest

Forrest at University of Washington Station
What brand and type of bicycle do you have?
I have a Yeah Foldy-bike! Yeah's the cheapie version of Dahon, so it has a great folding frame (& ridiculous to talk about, I just say "yeah" over & over & over). It was also a brilliant craigslist find: I bought two! I really just needed fenders, but the Yeah has 'em, so that's fantastic. 

Why do you ride? 
Bikes are the future. Why would I want to be stuck in the ole dinosaur-burner forever? Once I was riding an electric bike, and I passed a Tesla. That's the cleanest & fastest thing going right now, & bikes are still better.

Where do you ride? 
Greenways, The Interurban, The Burke-Gilman, Interlaken Park, Everywhere! (Ok, not everywhere. But I take the foldy everywhere around Puget Sound) That way I can fold it up & say yes to a ride, put it on the bus when the bike rack is full, bring it on ferries, and take it inside to fold as a party trick... 

What's the best thing that happened to you while riding? 
My first date with my fiancĂ©e Aimee was on a bike! We went swimming. That's a good combo! As my favorite poet Elissa Ball says, "there's no such thing as a platonic bike ride." — that's a hot tip, right there.



No comments:

Post a Comment