Friday, May 15, 2015

Jacques

Jacques at Fourth Avenue South and South Jackson Street
What brand and type of bicycle do you have?
I commute to work every day on an old Motiv HP Sonora that I found at the Goodwill for $20.00.  Its' not high end, its' heavy but very reliable and I don't get anxiety when someone scratches it, lol.

Why do you ride? 
I made a choice 5 years ago in St. Louis to get more exercise and commute by bike to work every day that I could.  Before I was transferred out to Seattle I decided to sell my cars, never really drove them anyway, and continue to commute to work by bicycle.

Where do you ride? 
I ride my bicycle from my home in Puyallup seven miles to the Sound Transit station and another mile and a half in Seattle to work and I repeat that process in the evening. 

What's the best thing that happened to you while riding? 
The best thing that has happened is I actually make time to stop, observe, breathe and really take in what is going on around me.  I read this quote on the internet, "My bike takes me places a car never could" and out of deference to this I try mix up my commute and keep it fresh by going to different areas/ways as much as possible.




No comments:

Post a Comment