Friday, May 15, 2015

Hafoc

Hafoc at Fourth Avenue South and South Jackson Street
What brand and type of bicycle do you have?
I ride Thyme. She is a Novara Randonee.

Why do you ride? 
I returned to commuting by bicycle 6 Bike to Work Mays back (2009) when I had to admit I was 60 pounds too fat and growing larger. I have not only lost the weight but cycling has enriched my creativity and life.

Where do you ride? 
Work; library; Farmer Markets; my P Patch plot; camping with my adult son; our favorite island to get lost in, Bainbridge; pick up groceries. The only time I don't cycle is due to injury or ice/ deep snow (gentle snow us lovely!).

What's the best thing that happened to you while riding? 
While cycling home 2012 from my P Patch I had a pannier over flowing with leeks, kale, tomatoes and other veges. I stopped at the Dexter/Mercer light and I hear from behind me "Did you get that from a Farmer's Market?" I turned around and it was Mayor Michael McGinn! We chatted past a few lights about cycling and the P Patch program. 



No comments:

Post a Comment