Monday, February 9, 2015

Mark

Mark at Columbia City Station
What brand and type of bicycle do you have?
I ride a Fuji road bike.

Why do you ride? 
I ride my bicycle for commuting to work, for day trips, for weekend trips, and for longer bike-touring weeks. Also I go on occasional rides purely for moving meditation. 

Where do you ride? 
I ride my bicycle almost everywhere around the city. 

What's the best thing that happened to you while riding? 
The best thing that happened to me while riding- my bike tour around the Olympic Peninsula. After four hours of uphill climbing, I made it to the top of Hurricane Ridge. Aside from the views, the reward came from knowing that with my body and my bike, I was able to accomplish something that I've been wanting to do the whole summer. It's something that I didn't think I could do four years ago. And now because of my biking adventures, I've instilled in my mentality this patient determination to accomplish a goal. It's something that I can apply to any component in my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment