Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Gary

Gary at Fourth Avenue and Columbia Street
What brand and type of bicycle do you have?
For commuting I ride an old Lemond Buenos Aires with the rear cassettes removed, so it is an easy to maintain 2-speed.

Why do you ride? 
I ride for exercise, to save money, and to help the environment.

Where do you ride? 
I commute from Magnolia to downtown along the waterfront bike trail – the best commute in the world.  I also ride for recreation and travel, including a trip across the USA (see www.garyduvall.blogspot.com).

What's the best thing that happened to you while riding? 
In 2003 I was at Alpe d’Huez during the Tour de France, riding up early in the morning to a viewing spot at the top.  I was dressed in the US Postal Service kit, and was passed by someone who was a dead ringer for Pantani, a famous Italian racer.  Racing him on the way up, four hours before the actual race, we were accompanied by cheers of “Allez Lance” and “Allez Pantani”.  I probably will never be cheered by 500,000 fans again.



No comments:

Post a Comment