Monday, October 13, 2014

Jay

Jay at Occidental Park
What brand and type of bicycle do you have?
Brompton folding bicycle (used parts thrown together, unknown model).

Why do you ride? 
I originally started bicycle commuting a few years ago to boycott the oil industry and minimize my carbon footprint. A side effect of this has been regular exercise! 

Where do you ride? 
I ride literally everywhere — rain or shine, snow or sleet, day or night. Unlike a fair-weather cyclist, I ride to get from A to B. If I have to go a long distance and have time constraints, I fold the 25-pound bicycle down to the size of a briefcase and bring it with me on the bus, train, ferry, etc. 

What's the best thing that happened to you while riding? 
Over the years of bicycle commuting, I've developed some nice calf muscles, I'm proud to say! Cycling has taught me to be patient and to live slow. Similar to the tiny house movement, cycling can be a bit of financial freedom, particularly from the automobile. It's saved me a ton of cash!




No comments:

Post a Comment