Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Sam

Sam at Fifth Avenue South and South Main Street
What brand and type of bicycle do you have?
I ride a Cannondale.

Why do you ride? 
I ride my bicycle because it's the cheapest, healthiest, pleasantest way to travel around the city. No traffic, no circling for parking, no costly maintenance, no pollution, etc. Beyond that, it's intensely meditative -- riding is perhaps the only time of my waking life where my head is clear. All I focus on is the road in front of me. I'm not stressed out about my busy schedule and responsibilities.

Where do you ride? 
My bike is my primary mode of transport, so I ride it pretty much everywhere that I go, which is usually within Seattle, but this summer I have had the pleasure of biking to Port Angeles, Whidbey Island, Lopez Island, Kingston, and Bainbridge Island.

What's the best thing that happened to you while riding? 
Everyone says that my legs look amazing! So I guess I have Seattle to thank for being so hilly!




No comments:

Post a Comment