Wednesday, August 13, 2014

McKayla

McKayla at Fifth Avenue South and South Weller Street
What brand and type of bicycle do you have?
Specialized Allez.

Why do you ride? 
I love the whole experience of riding my bicycle. I love being able to stop when and wherever I want. I love the time it provides me to think and step back from the rest of my day. I always like to say that I think up my best ideas while riding my bike.  I just love being outside and soaking in all that Seattle has to offer. I also ride because it's incredibly convenient and inexpensive; I don't have a car, so it's the easiest way for me to get around. 

Where do you ride? 
Practically everywhere.  Work, meetings, dinner with friends, the grocery store, etc.  My daily commute takes me four miles along the Burke-Gilman trail from the University District to Magnuson Park.    

What's the best thing that happened to you while riding? 
I've made lifelong friends while riding my bike. Being able to share the joy of biking with friends is always a wonderful thing and so it making friends through experiencing the joy together. It sounds sappy, but it's true.




No comments:

Post a Comment