Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Corinne

Corinne on North 83rd Street
What brand and type of bicycle do you have?
I ride a LandRider self-shifting bike! It was a hand-me-down from my very generous mom.

Why do you ride? 
I ride my bike to commute to work and back. I started about a year ago when our nanny totaled her car and she needed to drive our kids around in my car. I hated riding the bus – so my mom offered me her bike. When I started bicycle commuting I hadn't been on a bike in 16 years and I wasn't even sure if I would make it all the way home. Since then I've added a rack and bought myself some panniers. Now that I've made it a year I'm thinking about upgrading to something that's a little bit better fit for my body. Possibly even a cargo bike that I can take the kids to school on before heading to work. 

Where do you ride? 
I ride from Greenwood to the Roosevelt-Maple Leaf area. As I get stronger and more comfortable riding I find myself adding in errands further off my usual path. 

What's the best thing that happened to you while riding? 
Bicycle commuting makes me feel centered, accomplished, and self-sufficient. I have to say that's the best thing that's happened to me!




No comments:

Post a Comment