Monday, June 30, 2014

Indu

Indu at Fifth Avenue South and South King Street
What brand and type of bicycle do you have?
My bike is a super lightweight aluminum-framed Specialized hybrid commuter/road bike. Her name is "Krystal Light", named after the bike's original owner and an ode to the refreshing beverage my mom drank in the 80's. She is the nicest bike I've ever owned. In NYC, you can't have a nice bike because it WILL get stolen. 

Why do you ride? 
My boyfriend totaled my car. For the record, it wasn't his fault! 

Where do you ride? 
I live in Capitol Hill and mostly use my bike to commute to my workplace at Aubrey's Clock Gallery in Issaquah and to Danaca, the metalsmithing studio in the U-district where I like to make things. On my day off, I might take a ride to Denny Blaine or Alki Beach. 

What's the best thing that happened to you while riding? 
I love it when the wind whips past my face and turns my earrings into windchimes. I love the game of dodging cars and other obstacles. Bike riding forces you to be present in the moment.




No comments:

Post a Comment