Sunday, May 11, 2014

Lisa

Lisa at South Jackson Street and 28th Avenue South
What brand and type of bicycles do you have?
I ride a Rivendell Betty Foy, a Brompton, and a Bullitt cargo bike. 

Why do you ride?
I ride for a lot of reasons.  Mostly I ride because I can (made possible by titanium knees and a lot of physical therapy!) and because it makes me happy.  It's also a practical manifestation of my belief that global warming is real.  And I work in an emergency department - gotta practice what I preach and move that body.  Thrift, control, convenience, and generally awesome parking availability also play a part.

Where do you ride?
I ride in the city - pretty much anywhere I need to go.

What's the best thing that happened to you while riding?
Best things on the bike - hearing birdsong on the ride to work through the park; seeing the beauty of Seattle around every corner and at all hours of the day and night; and finding adventure in my home town by way of spontaneous detours. 



No comments:

Post a Comment