Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Jack

Jack on First Avenue South near South Jackson Street
What brand and type of bicycle do you have?
I ride a Miyata 914 that I bought in 1991 to compete in a triathalon and then ride in my first (and only) STP. The zippy sport bike was converted into more of a touring bike when I added a rack and panniers to bicycle in Ireland the summer of 1993. I love my bike. It's held up well, and despite being old, it serves me well.

Why do you ride?
I ride my bicycle for the pure pleasure of getting around. Whether it's to work, the dry cleaner, or down to Madison Beach for a summer swim, I find it's so easy to get around Seattle on a bike. Plus the beautiful views and fresh air. 

Where do you ride?
I think I answered this question in above. I've also ridden my bike down the coast of California (Highway 101 from SFO to La Jolla), in the San Juan Islands, along the Burke Gilman Trail, and around Lake Washington, not to mention the RAPSody ride to benefit WA bikes. I hope to ride one day in France and Spain.

What's the best thing that happened to you while riding?
The best thing that's happened to me is that I run into people I know and didn't know, but have a moment to get to know. It's a friendlier world out there on a bike. So much to explore.



No comments:

Post a Comment